[Poem] Socks

While sorting through
my clothes today
in every drawer
I find socks
Socks hidden between
t-shirts and pants
Socks i've had for years
New socks that still have
the price tag on them
Gym socks
Work socks
Thermal winter socks
Socks with snowflakes
Socks with snowmen
Socks with sock monkeys
Socks with monkeys holding bananas
Pineapple and coconut socks
Hawaiian shirt socks
Welcome to Las Vegas socks
Ugly Christmas sweater socks
Musical Christmas socks
that play jingle bells
Cotten
Argyl
and Cashmier socks
Solid
Plaid
and Stripped socks
Socks with holes
Most probably a
pair that are dirty
Indoor slipper socks
with traction footing
Dress socks
Casual socks
Casual dress socks
Ankle socks
Crew socks
Socks so short it
doesn't look like you're
wearing socks
Those strange slippery silky
polyester elastic socks that say
they prevent sweating but
feel like you're wearing flannel
pajamas on your feet
Socks I bought to match a tie
Socks I bought to match my wife's dress
Socks that feel like a Boa constictor
is wrapped around your ankles
Socks that have lost their elasticity
and bunch up on the bridge of your foot
A pair of my wife's socks
Non plural singular sock
absent another to make a pair
Non plural singular sock
I fold with another to make
a non matching pair
Star Wars socks
Socks that leave little fuzzy
balls between your toes
Socks I have no recollection of
and ponder where they came from

I fold them all up and
sort them neatly in the
designated sock drawer
A brief moment of
perfect organization
All in one place
All in order

Comments

Popular Posts