[Poem] Spin Cycle Drama


Dryers toss my clothes around
like all the loves who've let me down.
Left me wet and hung to dry
each and every sad goodbye.
Another quarter, another turn
my broken heart will never learn.
They all fade like acolors, once adored
Now a solo sock lost in a drawer.
Softener sheets a scent so pleasant
like perfume that is no longer present.
"It's such a burden!" I scream and shout
"That an iron can't smooth relationships out!"
Downey, Tide, Cheer, Whisk
another love, another risk.
You're still in love, but she is not
her colors are cold, your whites are hot.
Now left with memories and broken dreams
these are stains never to come clean.
You can scrap and scrub but why bother
with the permanent ring around heart's collar.
If only it could all be wiped away
like lint from the dryer tray.
So let this be this and that be that
about broken hearts and laundry mats.

Comments

Popular Posts